The store features over 1,000 local products and a full-service cafeteria with seasonal offerings
Whole Foods Market will open a new 42,000 square foot store, located on One Wall Street at 66 Broadway, New York, NY on Wednesday, January 11 at 8 am The store design pays homage to the Art Deco history of the building with Wall Influences inspired by the street and the financial district. The new location’s assortment features more than 1,000 local items from New York City and the surrounding area, handpicked by John Lawson, local picker for the Whole Foods Market Northeast region.
One Wall Street store features include:
- A variety of organic, conventional, and Sourced for Good items, plus offerings from more than 20 local farms, including New York City Farm Salads from Gotham Greens, Herbs from Square Roots, and Oishii’s Omakase Berries.
- Specialties department dedicated to celebrating cheesemakers and artisan producers. Local items include fresh pasta from Severino Pasta, mozzarella cheese from Lioni Latticini, and vegan “cheeses” from RIND. The cheese counter is overseen by a certified cheese professional who can offer recommendations for any occasion and create custom boards.
- Full-service seafood counter offering a solid selection of seafood and ready-to-cook offerings. Local options include smoked salmon from Catsmo Artisan Smokehouse and Acme Smoked Fish, seafood pies from Lagniappe Foods, and oysters from West Robins Oyster Company. All offerings are sustainably wild caught or responsibly farmed.
- Full service meat counter, with butchers available to cut steaks to order or debone poultry. Standout offerings include dry-cured beef, ground beef, and house sausage. Local options include pork from Briar Woods Farms and sausage from Brooklyn Cured.
- Wide selection of over 200+ craft beers. Local options include Lifted IPA from Interboro Spirits & Ales, Wavetable IPA from Grimm Artisanal Ales, Vliet Pilsner from Threes Brewing, and Sun Up Hazy IPA from TALEA Beer Co.
- A prepared food section with a food hall atmosphere that includes hot and cold food bars, house-made rotisserie chicken, Kikka sushi and a self-serve pizza station.
- A full-service coffee shop offering Partners Coffee drip coffee, plus lattes, cold brews, and teas. Seasonal winter drinks include strawberry mochas.
- Bakery offering homemade bread as well as everyday favorites like Whole Foods Market Berry Chantilly Cake, brown shortbread cookies, and vegan croissants and scones. The department also offers a wide variety of special diet items, including cake options made without gluten or dairy from By the Way Bakery, cheesecakes made without sugar from Junior’s, as well as a variety of vegan baked goods from Abe’s. Local offerings include artisan breads from organic grains from Bread Alone, pitas from Angel’s Bakery, and Italian pastries from Palazzone Pastry Lab.
- Full-body section with over 100 local products, including body care essentials from LUX Naturals, ginger shots from Annie’s Ginger Elixir, and hand-poured candles from Scrumptious Wicks.
- The One Wall Street store will also include one of the first members of Whole Foods Market’s Local and Emerging Accelerator Program (LEAP) cohort, CHKP Foods. The LEAP program provides mentoring, education, and the potential for financial support to promote business growth. The Northeast Region loved that chickpea is the hero ingredient in CHKP’s first line: a plant-based yogurt launching in Northeast stores this January.
Whole Foods Market’s One Wall Street store will be open from 8 am to 10 pm EST on opening day. Customers stopping by the One Wall Street store on opening day will be treated to free giveaways, free samples and live entertainment. The first 200 shoppers in line receive a Whole Foods Market tote bag and a $10 gift card. Customers can find more details about opening day events by visiting: http://onegrandopening2022.splashthat.com.
All foods at Whole Foods Market must meet the company’s rigorous quality standards, which prohibit hydrogenated fats, high fructose corn syrup, and more than 230 flavors, colors, sweeteners, and other commonly found ingredients. in food. In addition, all beauty and body care products must meet the company’s body care standards, which ban more than 180 commonly used ingredients, including phthalates, parabens, and microspheres.
To give back to the community, Whole Foods Market will make monetary donations to support The Battery Conservancy, Rethink Food, Foodbank NYC, and City Hall Park Conservancy. In addition, Rethink Food is a grantee of Whole Foods Market’s Nourishing Our Neighborhoods program, which receives a refrigerated van to transport perishable and non-perishable foods to communities in need.
Amazon Prime members who shop at Whole Foods Market have access to a number of benefits throughout the year, including deep discounts on select popular items each week and an additional 10% off hundreds of sale items in the store. Grocery pickup is available at Whole Foods Market One Wall Street. For more information and hours of operation, visit wholefoods.com/stores/onewallstreet.
About the Whole Foods Market
For more than 40 years, Whole Foods Market has been the world’s leading retailer of natural and organic foods. As the first certified organic national supermarket, Whole Foods Market has more than 500 stores in the United States, Canada, and the United Kingdom. To learn more about Whole Foods Market, visit https://media.wholefoodsmarket.com/.
(Image from press release: https://photos.webwire.com/prmedia/6/297839/297839-1.png)
This news content was set up by the editorial staff of WebWire. Linking is allowed.
Press release distribution and press release distribution services provided by WebWire.