Enjoy the brightest thrills of the season during Holiday in the Park at Six Flags Over Texas
The premier holiday event in North Texas, Holiday in the Park®, returns to Six Flags Over Texas. Enjoy wonderful Christmas charm for the whole family, including visits with Santa, the award-winning Christmas At The Southern Palace, the new Holiday Market with a petting zoo, s’mores around a campfire and more. The park’s most magical time of year features over a million sparkling lights, festive décor, seasonal foods, festive entertainment and exciting rides to create this winter wonderland experience. Holiday in the Park will take place on select weekends and weekdays now through January 2, 2023.
“Holiday in the Park is bigger than ever with new additions like the Holiday Market, five new rides and shows, and new décor to fill everyone in the holiday spirit,” said Six Flags Over Texas Park President Richard Douaihy. “There’s no better place in the Dallas/Fort Worth area to experience the holidays than this major North Texas holiday event.”
Holiday in the Park highlights:
- NEW – Lone Star Spectacular – Immerse yourself in a dazzling display of holiday lights, synchronized with the sounds of the season.
- Christmas At The Southern Palace: The winner of the Amusement Today Golden Ticket Award for Best New Show in 2021 returns with a spectacular holiday song and dance extravaganza that keeps you warm and toasty.
- The Singing Reindeer – Sing along and take photos with this lively family of Christmas reindeer who sing Christmas carols while performing holiday favorites.
- Looney Tunes Holiday Meet & Greet – Meet your favorite Looney Tunes characters dressed in their holiday best.
- The Merry Carolers – Enjoy the harmonies of this festive group as they sing along at the Holiday Market.
- Kristy Kringle Kids Karaoke – Join Kristy Kringle as the kids sing their hearts out.
- The Jingle Belles – Celebrate the holiday season and climb aboard a one horse open sleigh with this cast of women as they sing and dance to classic Christmas tunes.
- A Jolly Holiday: End your Holiday in the Park experience with a song and dance performance close to closing time. Opens on November 25.
Guests celebrate the holidays with a variety of festive attractions including:
- NEW – Kristy Kringle Kids Experience – Enjoy a variety of holiday attractions for the little ones, including Frosty’s Frozen Hay Maze, kids’ karaoke and more.
- NEW: The Holiday Express – Board a train decorated with Christmas decorations at Boomtown Depot or Texas Depot and take a ride to see all the spectacular lights throughout the park.
- NEW: The Nutty Elves – Enjoy light-hearted banter and interact with The Nutty Elves at the Holiday Market.
- NEW: Lumberjack Square – Interact with a goofy lumberjack near the Mystic Acres Bar and S’Mores Stop campfire.
- NEW: Reflections of Peace – Stroll down a walkway lit by angels leading guests to the Nativity scene.
- The Majestic Tree of Lights – Take a memorable family photo in front of this massive tree adorned with tens of thousands of sparkling lights.
- Hay Ride – Hop on a wagon full of hay that makes several stops along the way.
- Under the Mistletoe: Pose for a photo and kiss under a giant clump of mistletoe.
- Tunnel of Christmas Lights and Scenes – Take a nighttime ride in Chaparral’s vintage cars through a tunnel of dancing lights and illuminated Christmas scenes along the track.
- Christmas At The Runaway Mountain – Bask in the glow of a synchronized musical Christmas tree light show at Runaway Mountain, themed to the peppermint forest.
Other highlights of this year’s new Holiday in the Park lineup include:
- NEW – Holiday Market: Pet live animals at Johnson’s Creek Critter Corral, write letters to Santa and take a break for story time with Mrs. Claus. Enjoy holiday cookies, cozy up around the roaring campfire to make S’mores, enjoy a holiday meal at JB’s Smokehouse Barbeque and treat yourself to a sweet treat at The Cozy Café. Be sure to visit Santa’s Outpost to get your picture taken with the big man. Santa and Mrs. Claus appear through December 23, and Johnson’s Creek Critter Corral is open through December 29.
- Holiday in the Park Food and Beverage Specials – Enjoy the deliciousness of hot cinnamon rolls, freshly baked cookies, flavored coffees and hot chocolates, tamales, sweet potato casserole, latkes, chocolate pumpkin pie white and more. Adults enjoy a selection of seasonal festive beers and specialty toasted cocktails, like a Toasted S’mores Martini.
Six Flags Over Texas is closed on Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve and Christmas. Visit www.sixflags.com for specific hours of operation. Most of the holiday entertainment offerings continue through December 23. Holiday Market and select holiday attractions and decorations are available through January 2, 2023.
Six Flags Over Texas, entertainment district, holidays
News, Headlines, Entertainment