Although oat milk ice cream was a short-lived treat in Carvel stores, the nearly century-old frozen dessert company has launched its first dairy-free products at retail. Carvel Oat Milk Ice Cream Cakes have landed in select US grocery stores in two flavors: Double Chocolate and Strawberry Raspberry.
Photos of Vegan Large Box.
Carvel’s Oat Milk Ice Cream Cakes Are the First Dairy-Free Frozen Desserts
We’ve seen a few brands of dairy-free cheesecakes, and some ice cream shops make custom ice cream cakes. But these are the first vegan ice cream cakes to hit mainstream retail. thanks to Vegan Large Box for sharing photos and details about these full size frozen desserts!
Ingredients: oat milk (water, oats), sugar, high oleic sunflower oil, rice syrup, water, corn syrup, palm kernel and coconut oil, contains less than 2% of the following: cocoa processed with alkali , Bean Protein, Rice Syrup Solids, Cocoa, Chocolate Liquor, Corn Starch, Sunflower Lecithin, Coconut Oil, Natural Flavor, Carbohydrate Gum, Salt, Sucrose Fatty Acid Esters, Carob Gum, Mono and diglycerides, xanthan gum, guar gum. May Contain: Wheat, milk, egg, soy, peanuts, and tree nuts.
Nutrition (per 1/5 of cake): 270 calories, 13g fat, 25mg sodium, 36g carbs, 2g fiber, 25g sugars (includes 25g added sugars), 2g protein.*
Ingredients: Oat milk (water, oats), sugar, high oleic sunflower oil, rice syrup, water, corn syrup, strawberry puree, palm kernel and coconut oil, raspberries, maltodextrin, contains less than 2% of the following: Bean Protein, Rice Syrup Solids, Corn Starch, Natural Flavor, Sunflower Lecithin, Carbohydrate Gum, Citric Acid, Colored With (Red Beet Juice Concentrate), Carob Gum, Fatty Acid Esters sucrose, xanthan gum, mono and diglycerides, guar gum. May Contain: Wheat, milk, egg, soy, peanuts, and tree nuts.
Nutrition (per 1/5 of cake): 260 calories, 12g fat, 15mg sodium, 39g carbs, 1g fiber, 28g sugars (includes 28g added sugars), 1g protein.*
More Facts About Carvel Oat Milk Ice Cream Cakes
- Price: $16.99 per 25-ounce cake
- Availability: Carvel Oat Milk Ice Cream Cakes are sold in Publix stores in a freezer near the bakery. The company plans to expand distribution to other grocery stores where Carvel cakes are sold.
- Certifications: Carvel’s Oat Milk Ice Cream Cakes are certified Kosher DE (for dairy equipment, not ingredients – see our Understanding the Kosher Guide).
- Diet Notes: By ingredients, Carvel Oat Milk Ice Cream Cakes are Dairy Free/Non-Dairy, Egg Free, Gluten Free, Tree Nut Free, Peanut Free, Soy Free, Vegan and Vegetarian. They do not mention the use of certified gluten-free oat milk.*
- For more product information: Visit the Carvel Retail website at iloveicecreamcakes.com.
* Always read the ingredient and nutrition statement before consumption. Ingredients, processes and labeling are subject to change at any time for any company or product. Contact the company to discuss their manufacturing processes if potential allergen cross contamination is an issue for you. No food product can be guaranteed to be “safe” for every individual’s needs. You should never rely on ingredient and allergen statements alone if you are dealing with a severe food allergy.
Average Reader Review
0 out of 5 stars (based on 0 reviews)