With just one bite of this pumpkin pie, you’ll be so overwhelmed with sweetness that you’ll forget your name. This recipe is for everyone, whether you are a novice cook or a busy person with limited free time. It comes together quickly and requires only pantry staples.
This pumpkin pie is the best fall dessert you will ever cook. It’s sweet, warm and surprisingly simple. It’s mild, spicy and really delicious. This upside down pie is a thing of beauty, thanks to the wonderfully moist pie and buttery, flaky outer crust with bits of caramel and chopped pecans. It comes together quickly and tastes best when warm and a bit sloppy. With just one bite of this pumpkin pie, you’ll be so overwhelmed with sweetness that you’ll forget your name. This recipe is for everyone, whether you are a novice cook or a busy person with limited free time. It comes together quickly and requires only pantry staples. In fact, it will arrive at your table in less than an hour. Yet it tastes like you’ve worked for hours.
• 15-ounce can pumpkin puree
• 12-ounce can evaporated milk
• 3 eggs
• Pumpkin pie spice, 3 teaspoons
• Granulated sugar, 1/2 cup
• 50g brown sugar
• 1 box cake mix
• 2 sticks of melted butter
• chopped pecans, 1 cup
• 50 g caramel pieces
• Vanilla ice cream
- Grease a 9 x 13-inch baking dish with butter or nonstick spray and preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (175 degrees Celsius).
- In a large bowl, combine the pumpkin, evaporated milk, eggs, pumpkin pie spice, and sugars. Pour it into the prepared baking dish once smooth.
- The melted butter should then be evenly distributed over the top of the frosting. Add some toffee bits and chopped nuts on top.
- Until the middle is set, bake for 45 minutes. Serve the cake warm with a scoop of ice cream to enhance the flavor of your dish.
How to refrigerate?
Wrap the cake in plastic wrap and store in an airtight container. It will keep in the refrigerator for 2-5 days. While this cake is delicious when chilled, it’s even better when served hot. Microwave the cold cake for 20 seconds at a time until heated through.
How to freeze?
Wrap the cake twice in plastic wrap and aluminum foil. Alternatively, cut the cake into smaller pieces and store in freezer-safe containers. Store upside down cake for up to three months in the freezer.
How to reheat?
The cake should spend the night in the refrigerator thawing. Serve chilled or reheat in the microwave for 20 seconds at a time. Place the pie in an ovenproof dish and bake for 15 minutes, or until heated through, for larger servings.