From the Disney Parks Blog and written by: Disney Parks Blog
A memorable tradition with my home tasters is declaring a “Mandatory Fun Day” at Walt Disney World Resort. We do this a few times a year when there is a break in school work and we all need a chance to relax and have fun. After letting everyone get some more sleep, we head to the parks for a day where I say “yes” to all the family’s requests for food and rides. When we’re at Magic Kingdom Park, someone often orders a meal or snack at Casey’s Corner.
I always enjoy stopping at Casey’s Corner to try the different hot dog specialties. Nope
no matter the season or celebration, there’s always a creative hot dog on the menu. The talented culinary team recently developed a delicious Hot dog for festive dinner It will be on the menu until December 31. this hot dog
features a beef hot dog with cranberry mustard, savory stuffing funnel
cake and cheese curds. As a lover of both funnel cake and savory foods, I had to try this hot dog and was thrilled when the recipe arrived to try it out!
This was such a fun recipe to try and eat! The savory stuffed funnel cake tastes
as filler. The cranberry mustard added a bit of sweetness to this recipe without being overpowering. I loved everything about this hot dog and so did my taste testers and one lucky running mate who happened to be in the right place at the right time.
Here is the recipe for you to create this hot dog at home!
HOT DOG FOR FESTIVE DINNER
Casey’s Corner, Magic Kingdom Park
- 1 cup cranberry sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon of water
TASTY FUNNEL CAKE CRISPS
- oil for frying
- 1/3 cup of milk
- 1 egg
- 1 spoon of sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chicken bouillon powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon dried sage
- 1/8 teaspoon celery salt
- 8 hot dog buns
- 8 hot beef, cooked according to package directions
- Reserved Funnel Cake Fries
- 8 ounces cheese curds, coarsely chopped
- Reserved Cranberry Mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon chicken bouillon powder
FOR THE BLUEBERRY MUSTARD:
- Combine the cranberry sauce, Dijon mustard, and water in a small bowl.
mixing bowl Beat to combine until smooth.
- Transfer to a small squeeze bottle; refrigerate until ready to
FOR TASTY FUNNEL CAKE
- Cautiously heat 2 inches of oil in a large skillet or Dutch oven.
oven to 350ºF.
- Combine milk, egg, sugar, and vanilla in a medium bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, salt, chicken
broth powder, dried parsley, onion powder, garlic powder, dried sage and
celery salt. Slowly stir in the milk mixture and blend until smooth. To transfer
to a pastry bag or squeeze bottle.
- Carefully hold the piping bag or squeeze bottle over the oil and squeeze
half the batter into the pan, using a rotating motion to create desired
- Fry for 1-2 minutes, carefully flip with tongs and fry one
extra minute. Remove from oil and drain on paper towels.
- Repeat with the remaining dough.
- Let cool 5 to 10 minutes, then cut into 1-inch strips.
FOR HOT DOGS:
drop hot dog
inside the bun Top each hot dog with a few funnel cake strips, 1/4 cup
cheese curds and 2 tablespoons of cranberry mustard. sprinkle with chicken
Always be careful when handling
sharp objects and hot contents. Supervise children who are
helping or close.
This recipe has been converted
of a larger quantity in restaurant kitchens. The flavor profile may vary from
the restaurant version.
Click here for a printable version of the recipe!
you make this hot dog at home or if you are enjoying a hot dog in the parks,
remember to tag #DisneyEats.
- Disneyland Resort offers Southern California residents a great value with special 3-day ticket prices on weekdays starting at $73 per person, per day for a limited time, with tours beginning January 9, 2023 – December 1, 2022
- Disney Eats: Holiday Dinner Hot Dog Recipe – December 1, 2022
- Universal Studios Hollywood celebrates a night to remember with EVE, Hollywood’s biggest New Year’s event toasting the arrival of 2023, on Saturday, December 31 – December 1, 2022