Carrot cake is the most delicious and succulent cake due to the sweetness of the carrots and the added flavors of fruits and nuts. After mixing these ingredients with flour, the white-flavored cream cheese used for the frosting adds delicious flavor. With the added natural sweetness of the fruits, carrot cake needs no added sugar and is a healthy dessert option for those trying to lose weight or who are diabetic. The fruity and nutty flavor adds to its deliciousness and the best part is that it can be easily made at home.
So, if you’re interested in making carrot cake at home, follow this step-by-step recipe:
- 2 cups (260 grams) all-purpose flour
- 1 ¼ cups (295 ml) canola or other vegetable oil
- 1 cup (200 grams) granulated sugar
- 1 cup (190 grams) lightly packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons of baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup (100 grams) coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup (65 grams) raisins
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs, at room temperature
- 3 cups (300 grams) shredded peeled carrots, 5 to 6 medium carrots
FOR CREAMY ICING
- 8 ounces (225 grams) cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup (50 grams) of coarsely chopped pecans, to cover the cake
- 1 ¼ cups (140 grams) powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) heavy whipping cream
prepare the dough
Place a rack in the middle of the oven. Grease two 9-inch round cake pans, line the bottom with parchment paper, then grease the top. Don’t forget to flour the bottom and sides of both pans.
Then heat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (176C).
Beat flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl until well blended
In a separate bowl, whisk together the oil, granulated sugar, vanilla, and brown sugar.
Add the eggs, one at a time, beating after each one.
Switch to a large rubber spatula. If you can, scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl. Add dry ingredients in three parts, then gently stir until combined and batter is smooth.
Add carrots, walnuts, and raisins.
Divide the cake batter among the prepared cake pans.
Bake the cake layers for 35 to 45 minutes until elastic. Use a toothpick to check if it’s done or not.
Once baked, remove and let cool in the pan for 15 minutes. Then carefully invert the cake layers onto the cooling racks.
Remove parchment paper and cool completely. If you find the cake layer sticking to the bottom of the pan, turn it upside down and let gravity do its thing.
In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese with a hand mixer on medium speed for about 1 minute until creamy. Add the powdered sugar, 1/4 cup at a time, until fluffy.
The next step is to pour the whipping cream. Then beat it on medium speed for 2 to 3 minutes. When this frosting has a whipped cream-like texture, cover it for later use.
When the cake layers cool completely. then decorate the cake with layers of frosting
Read more lifestyle news