Hello neighbors. Carlos Hernandez here with his Tuesday edition of the miami daily. Read on for all the local news you need to know right now, including updates on:
- A popular South Florida bakery has been named one of America’s Best Restaurants.
- Miami has become one of the main coworking cities on the planet.
- Police shot and killed an armed robbery suspect Monday in South Florida.
But first, today’s weather:
Mostly sunny and very warm. High: 82 Low: 74.
📢 Seeking business owners and vendors in Miami who want to build awareness, connect with customers, and increase sales.
I have a limited number of sponsorships available to introduce our readers to local businesses they need to know about. If that’s you, then I invite you to learn more and secure your spot now.
These are the top news in Miami today:
- miami is now one of the best coworking cities on the planet. Magic City is home to 1.6 million square feet of coworking space in 59 locations, according to JLL. Demand for office space in Miami increased 143 percent last year, compared to the pandemic. Quest Workspaces, Regus and WeWork are sprawling across the city as businesses relocate to South Florida with high occupancy rates. (Subscription: Bisnow)
- Police are asking the public for help after a Stolen statue of baby Jesus in it The Florida Keys. Two statues were also damaged in Marathon, according to the Monroe County Sheriff’s Office. Authorities said the incident occurred between January 19 at 3:30 p.m. and January 20 at 3:30 p.m. Anyone with information that may help resolve the case is asked to call 305-619-1747. (Miami patch)
- Broward Sheriff’s Deputies shot and killed an armed bank robbery suspect Monday morning in Pompano Beach after a confrontation, according to authorities. The robbery occurred at the TD Bank located at 3785 N. Federal Highway in Oakland Park, in South Florida. No one was injured in the robbery. (NBCMiami)
- Archibalds Village Bakery in Fort Lauderdale has been named the 3rd best restaurant in the United States by online review giant Yelp. The popular bakery is located near the beach in Fort Lauderdale. Other South Florida restaurants on the list include CRUST, North South Grill, Bunbury, Jaguar Sun, twice eliminated Y Landscape. (WSVN)
- Puerto Rican superstar Marc Anthony, 54, has subwayNadia Ferreira, 23, in Miami. Ferreira was previously a Miss Universe 2021 finalist for Paraguay. The wedding was held at the Perez Art Museum Miami. (NBC Miami, Hello!)
Today in Miami:
- wellness journal at the Pinecrest Branch Library. (11am)
- Mixer for Out in Tech x Miami Hack Week at No. 3 Social/Copal. (6 p.m.)
- GAM3RS CHOICE AWARDS at Flaming Theater Bar. (6 p.m.)
- Miami Web3 Happy Hour at La Tropical Brewery. (6:30 pm)
- Brickell Tech Tuesday in Little Britain. (6:30 pm)
From my notebook:
- Miami Police Department shared: “Congratulations to Vida Abril-Quintana and Paul Gourrier Jr., who received a Civilian Employee Award for all the great work they do to help our community.” (Miami Police Department via Facebook)
- Next door neighbor, Los Lagos shared: “Lost German Shepherd at Lakes of the Meadow (town homes). I have him in my backyard, I take him to see if he’s microchipped in a couple of hours if I don’t get a response. Call me, Michael 786-314-2942 or Karin 305-484-3535.” (Attachment)
- Commissioner Kevin Marino Cabrera shared: “Are you interested in serving on a Miami-Dade County Board? Contact us and email your resume to [email protected]! To learn more about each board, visit. https://www.miamidade.gov/Apps…” (Twitter)
- Miami Hack Week shared: “The opening ceremony marks the beginning of a week packed with unforgettable events, opportunities and memories to be made. Prepare to be inspired and challenged this Miami Hack Week.” (Twitter)
More From Our Sponsors – Thank You For Supporting Local News!
Thanks for following us and keeping us informed! I’ll be in your inbox tomorrow morning with another update.
— carlos hernandez
About me: Hello, my name is Carlos Hernández and I am a food writer with more than 10 years of experience in the industry. I write the food blog Carlos Eats (http://www.carloseats.com) and also contribute to various newspapers and magazines with blogs and articles related to food.
Do you have any news tips or suggestions for an upcoming Miami Daily? Contact me at [email protected]