Hello everyone. I’m back in your inbox this morning with your new edition of the Catonsville Daily, hot off the printer. Come see the biggest things happening in the city.
But first, today’s weather:
Mostly sunny and cold. High: 44 Low: 27.
Our local sponsor has great things to offer:
Want updates on the rapidly changing real estate market in our area? Sign up for Benjamin Meyer’s weekly newsletter. Ben is an EXP Realty agent who was born and raised in Catonsville and knows the local market well. Keep an eye on the market and get access to information and opportunities from a trusted expert with strong ties to our area. Visit Benjamin here for more information.
Click here for your business to appear here.
Here are the top three stories in Catonsville today:
- Korean barbecue is a very popular dish (and it’s easy to see why). With so many places popping up in Maryland, it can be hard to choose which one to try. Fortunately, one of the best Korean BBQ restaurants is here in Catonsville. The John Hopkins News-Letter has hailed Iron Age for its extensive menu and reasonable prices. For the full list of the best local Korean barbecues, visit the link. (Johns Hopkins Newsletter)
- Ready for Thanksgiving but still stuck on dessert? Instead of toiling in the kitchen, many area residents are opting for freshly baked pies from local shops. Three Catonsville bakeries made the list of recommended places to buy Thanksgiving pies. Click the link to find out if your favorites are there. (Baltimore Magazine)
- On Tuesday, a car crashed into a Catonsville bakery near Baltimore National Pike. Happy Hour Bakery in the Westpark shopping center suffered extensive damage after a silver Toyota crashed through the store’s glass. The owners expect to be closed for at least 10 days while they work on repairs. Luckily, no one was injured in the crash. (wmar2news.com)
Today in and around Catonsville:
- Yoga with Yupa at the Retriever Activity Center in Baltimore (7:15 am)
- autumn children’s day at Roberta’s house in Baltimore (10:00 am)
- live jazz at The Elk Room in Baltimore (4:00 p.m.)
- The effect of data on human evolution at [email protected] Research & Technology Park (6:00 pm)
From my notebook:
- Since November is all about showing our appreciation for teachers, The Hillcrest Elementary School PTA created a snack pantry for the staff lounge! Now that’s a tasty way to say ‘thank you!’ (Hillcrest Elementary School PTA via Facebook)
- Looking for something fun to do with the kids tonight? jump in SweetFrog Catonsville between 5 pm and 9 pm for board games, dominoes and cards (and some special offers on kid-friendly yogurts)! (5:00 PM)
More From Our Sponsors – Thank You For Supporting Local News!
- Journalist Marvin Kalb in conversation with foreign policy expert Angela Stent (November 18)
- Free Shakespeare Play by Veteran Military Classic Actors (November 19)
- EC250 Commemorative Spirits Launch and Tasting for Patapsco Valley Sassafras Gin (November 30)
- add your event
You are now informed and ready to head out the door this Thursday. I’ll see you soon!
— Rosa Mendez
About me: Rose Mendez is a freelance writer. She is studying English Literature at Hunter College. She loves to read, walk around the city and drink coffee!